List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mat Keep Date:October 11 2012 2:24pm
Subject:Re: Best solution for a HA without shared storage
View as plain text
Hi
this process of failure detection with slave promotion is now automated
in MySQL 5.6 (release candidate) with the use of Global Transaction IDs
and the HA utilities

This recent blog and video tutorial are good places to learn more:
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql/replication-and-auto-failover-made-easy-with-mysql-utilities/

Video tutorial:
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-replication-utilities.html

--
Regards

Mat Keep
MySQL Cluster & HA Programs
Oracle Corp.
+44 (0)7765 898-605

Thread
Best solution for a HA without shared storageOriol Martí11 Oct
  • Re: Best solution for a HA without shared storageMat Keep11 Oct
  • Re: Best solution for a HA without shared storageManuel Arostegui11 Oct
    • RE: Best solution for a HA without shared storageRick James11 Oct
      • Re: Best solution for a HA without shared storageManuel Arostegui11 Oct
  • Re: Best solution for a HA without shared storageAlfie John11 Oct