List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:nik600 Date:September 23 2012 12:56pm
Subject:how to manage one master and many slaves
View as plain text
Dear all

i'm scouting some of the scalabilty features of Mysql, considering
some of the limitations of NDB engine at the moment i'd like to
implement an architecture with a single master node and many slaves
with a simple replication.

I can write some code into my application to connect directly to the
master when there is an insert/update/replace and connect directly to
slaves when i have slect queries, but this has a significant impact on
the application, expecially it the number of slaves increases a lot.

I'd like to use a very simple "proxy" feature that just forward write
requests to the master and read requests to slaves (don't care about
the routing policy, a simple round robin will be fine for the moment).

So, i've found the mysql-proxy product
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-proxy/

that seems to be exactly what is needed, but the current release igore
the --proxy-read-only-backend-addresses option.

I'm trying to use the proxy-read-only-backend-addresses option but it
seems that no read-only traffic is forwarded to these server.

This is my command:

mysql-proxy ---proxy-backend-addresses=10.10.10.1:3306
--proxy-read-only-backend-addresses=10.10.10.2:3306

But when i try forward some queries to the proxy i see all mysql
traffic to 10.10.10.1 and none to 10.10.10.2.

So, here my questions:

- is mysql-proxy the correct product for this scenario?
- what will you use to organize database access from an application
when you have a single master and many slaves?
- is there any "general" sql proxy that just forward write requests to
some node and read requests to other?

Thanks to all in advance.

--
nik600