List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:martín arrieta Date:August 3 2012 11:28am
Subject:Re: Changing the bin log format on existing servers
View as plain text
Binlog format is a dynamic variable, you can change this variable at
runtime. You can also change the binlog format for a specific session
in case that you need it.

From the doc:

The logging format also can be switched at runtime. To specify the
format globally for all clients, set the global value of the
binlog_format system variable:

mysql> SET GLOBAL binlog_format = 'ROW';

My recommendation is make the change at runtime AND make the change in
the my.cnf file for the next reboot.

Martin Arrieta.