List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Götz Reinicke Date:August 3 2012 8:42am
Subject:Changing the bin log format on existing servers
View as plain text
Hi,

we run a master/slave mysql 5.1.61 Red Hat EL 6.3 setup - two servers.

Both use the default binlog format.

Today I'm asked to change the bin log format to 'ROW' because a
special Application needs that format. (Confluence Wiki ...)

My Question:

Is it possible to shutdown servers, 'just' change the option (my.cfg)
on both, the master and the slave, start servers without expecting
known problems?

We do have a few databases currently installed (for Websit, Webmail,
projektmanagement software) which work fine with all the curren (and
default) mysql server settings.

Thanks for any suggestions or hints! Regards . Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@stripped

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt

Changing the bin log format on existing serversGötz Reinicke3 Aug
  • Re: Changing the bin log format on existing serversmartín arrieta3 Aug
    • Re: Changing the bin log format on existing serversGötz Reinicke - IT Koordinator3 Aug
      • Re: Changing the bin log format on existing serversmartín arrieta3 Aug