List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Gronies Date:June 13 2012 8:24pm
Subject:Build slave manually with master binlogs
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a big problem with my MySQL Master Slave configuration on Debian Squeeze.

I set up a replication configuration. But the slave stopped the replication with the error
message below

Last_Errno: 1594
Last_Error: Relay log read failure: Could not parse relay log event entry. The possible
reasons are: the master's binary log is corrupted (you can check this by running
'mysqlbinlog' on the binary log), the slave's relay log is corrupted (you can check this
by running 'mysqlbinlog' on the relay log), a network problem, or a bug in the master's
or slave's MySQL code. If you want to check the master's binary log or slave's relay log,
you will be able to know their names by issuing 'SHOW SLAVE STATUS' on this slave.

Since then there are a lot of relay logs in /var/lib/mysql. I found a workaround that you
can set the logfile to the next file and set the position to 0. The relaylog position
value is greater than the filesize of the actual relaylog file in bytes. Is this possible
to do it this way?

The next problem is that all tables on the master got corrupted after a shutdown today. I
tried to repair them using myisamcheck with the result of sporadic loss of data.

As I have the relaylogs and binlogs from master I would like to try to feed as much good
data as possible from these logs into the slave to get clean tables.

My question is, is it possible after all relaylogs are written to the slave db, to
manually feed the slave with the binlogs from master?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Thomas

Thread
Build slave manually with master binlogsThomas Gronies13 Jun