List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 14 2012 1:39pm
Subject:Re: Replication and foreign key constraints
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Nitin Mehta" <ntnmht@stripped>
> I'm facing a problem with MySQL replication. I want to replicate a
> set of tables from master to this server where some processing needs
> to be done. These tables are from multiple schemas. I thought I'd
> set "foreign_key_checks = 0" and this should take care of the
> problem. However, this only worked for database import but
> replication is still failing with "Error 1451: foreign key error".

Well, foreign_key_checks is pretty much a session variable - I don't know if it's even
possible to set globally.

You might get better results if you altered your replicated tables to remove the foreign
key constraints from them entirely.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel