List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ron ramos Date:May 12 2012 11:42am
Subject:maintain mysql session on bash script
View as plain text
Hi All,

I am currently using amazon ec2 for my database and i would like to
create a script that captures snapshot of my volumes.

I just want t know how i can flush tables with read lock and not lose
the session while the script is running, e.g. i do these:

mysql -pblahblah -A blahblah -e 'flush tables with read lock;  show
master status;'"

then create snapshot then

mysql -pblahblah -A blahblah -e ''unlock tables;"

anyone who has successfully done this?

thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ron
Thread
maintain mysql session on bash scriptron ramos12 May
  • Re: maintain mysql session on bash scriptJonathan von Schroeder12 May
    • Re: maintain mysql session on bash scriptJohan De Meersman14 May
      • Re: maintain mysql session on bash scriptron ramos15 May