List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:April 6 2012 6:23pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Replication
View as plain text
The other Master is configured to quickly be promoted to be the writable
master.
Each of the two Masters is configured to be both a master (writing to
the binlog), and be a slave (replicating from the other machine).  Data
is actually flowing only one direction, but everything is in place for
failover.

Master-Slave could do the same stuff, but you would have to turn on
writing to the binlog, etc before you could promote the Slave to be Master.