List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:April 6 2012 12:41am
Subject:Re: MySQL Replication
View as plain text
Slaves are useful for scaling reads.

Master-Master, with one of them writable, is the best config for quickly
failing over if one machine dies.
Any number of Slaves can be hung off them; it is best to split the
slaves evenly.

Master-Relay-Slave -- the middle guy is a "single point of failure",
hence not advisable

Circular Replication (3+ machines replicating in one direction) is not
advised -- if one dies, you have a mess.

Writing to two masters (Dual or Circular) does not give you write
scaling -- all writes have to be performed by all servers.  That is, you
cannot scale writes by any Replication configuration.

--
Rick James - MySQL Geek

Thread
MySQL ReplicationKaushal Shriyan6 Apr
  • Re: MySQL ReplicationRick James6 Apr
    • Re: MySQL ReplicationKaushal Shriyan6 Apr
      • Re: MySQL Replicationnhadie ramos6 Apr
      • Re: MySQL ReplicationRick James6 Apr