List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:nhadie ramos Date:April 4 2012 8:16pm
Subject:Re: discrepancy on a single table
View as plain text
Hi All,

I fixed the discrepancy by just running pt-sync with --sync-to-master
option and no checksum. thanks for all your advise!

Regards,
Ron

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM, nhadie ramos <nhadie@stripped> wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> i have tried xtrabackup before but not for a single table. tried it
> for my whole DB, the prob i have is that it locks the tables which i
> cant afford doing on the live server
> coz if i can lock the database i would simply grab the whole mysql
> directory and transfer it to the slave the restore replication. i will
> look into the single table option. thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Marcus Bointon
> <marcus@stripped> wrote:
>> On 4 Apr 2012, at 07:43, nhadie ramos wrote:
>>
>>> thanks for the reply, i will try these one if i am getting these
>>> correctly. i will stop slave, then run mysqldump with master-data
>>> option so i can get the file and log position.
>>
>> Not sure if you've tried it, but xtrabackup is way better than using mysqldump
> for setting up a slave. It does imply that you do a complete data restore, but it is
> transaction-safe, much faster and more reliable, and it keeps track of binlog position
> nicely.
>>
>> It also has an ability to deal with individual databases and single tables but
> I've not looked into that.
>>
>> Marcus
>> --
>> Marcus Bointon
>> Synchromedia Limited: Creators of http://www.smartmessages.net/
>> UK info@hand CRM solutions
>> marcus@stripped | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/
>>

>> --

discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
  • Re: discrepancy on a single tableshawn green4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tableumapathi b4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableJohan De Meersman4 Apr
        • Re: discrepancy on a single tablePrabhat Kumar4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableMarcus Bointon4 Apr