List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:April 4 2012 10:26am
Subject:Re: discrepancy on a single table
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "umapathi b" <umapathi.b@stripped>
>
> You may get some duplicate entry errors on the slave and you can
> resolve them by using this following command ..whenever there is
> duplicate entry error on the slave.
>
> stop slave; SET GLOBAL SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER=1; start slave;

No no no no NOOOOOOOO *hits head against wall*

SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER does not, I repeat: DOES NOT FIX YOUR REPLICATION. If I ever get my
hands on the idiot who first posted that somewhere I'll damn well feed him to a pack of
wild RMSes.

The word SKIP should be a more than subtle hint: it merely SKIPS the problematic statement
in the replication log. Afterwards, your data is still inconsistent, and you now need to
manually verify exactly *what* went wrong and how to fix it.

I swear, someday I'm gonna set up an autoresponder with just this in it. *grumbles into
his sprawling unix beard*

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn