List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:April 4 2012 9:08am
Subject:Re: discrepancy on a single table
View as plain text
On 4 Apr 2012, at 10:07, nhadie ramos wrote:

> i have tried xtrabackup before but not for a single table. tried it
> for my whole DB, the prob i have is that it locks the tables which i
> cant afford doing on the live server

Xtrabackup only holds a read-lock on non-transactional tables - if you are InnoDB-only it
doesn't do any locking at all. Also take a look at the --no-lock option to see if you can
work with that.
AFAIK mysqldump with --single-transaction will still read-lock non-transactional tables
for the duration of the backup. It's possible to turn off read lock for MyISAM backups,
but you'll end up with an inconsistent backup.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK info@hand CRM solutions

discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
  • Re: discrepancy on a single tableshawn green4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tableumapathi b4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableJohan De Meersman4 Apr
        • Re: discrepancy on a single tablePrabhat Kumar4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableMarcus Bointon4 Apr