List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:nhadie ramos Date:April 4 2012 8:07am
Subject:Re: discrepancy on a single table
View as plain text
Hi Marcus,

i have tried xtrabackup before but not for a single table. tried it
for my whole DB, the prob i have is that it locks the tables which i
cant afford doing on the live server
coz if i can lock the database i would simply grab the whole mysql
directory and transfer it to the slave the restore replication. i will
look into the single table option. thanks!

Regards,
Ron

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Marcus Bointon
<marcus@stripped> wrote:
> On 4 Apr 2012, at 07:43, nhadie ramos wrote:
>
>> thanks for the reply, i will try these one if i am getting these
>> correctly. i will stop slave, then run mysqldump with master-data
>> option so i can get the file and log position.
>
> Not sure if you've tried it, but xtrabackup is way better than using mysqldump for
> setting up a slave. It does imply that you do a complete data restore, but it is
> transaction-safe, much faster and more reliable, and it keeps track of binlog position
> nicely.
>
> It also has an ability to deal with individual databases and single tables but I've
> not looked into that.
>
> Marcus
> --
> Marcus Bointon
> Synchromedia Limited: Creators of http://www.smartmessages.net/
> UK info@hand CRM solutions
> marcus@stripped | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/

discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
  • Re: discrepancy on a single tableshawn green4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tableumapathi b4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableJohan De Meersman4 Apr
        • Re: discrepancy on a single tablePrabhat Kumar4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableMarcus Bointon4 Apr