List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:April 4 2012 7:20am
Subject:Re: discrepancy on a single table
View as plain text
On 4 Apr 2012, at 07:43, nhadie ramos wrote:

> thanks for the reply, i will try these one if i am getting these
> correctly. i will stop slave, then run mysqldump with master-data
> option so i can get the file and log position.

Not sure if you've tried it, but xtrabackup is way better than using mysqldump for setting
up a slave. It does imply that you do a complete data restore, but it is transaction-safe,
much faster and more reliable, and it keeps track of binlog position nicely.

It also has an ability to deal with individual databases and single tables but I've not
looked into that.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK info@hand CRM solutions

discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
  • Re: discrepancy on a single tableshawn green4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tableumapathi b4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableJohan De Meersman4 Apr
        • Re: discrepancy on a single tablePrabhat Kumar4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableMarcus Bointon4 Apr