List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:nhadie ramos Date:April 4 2012 5:44am
Subject:Re: discrepancy on a single table
View as plain text
Hi Umapathi,

You mean to say i can run pt-sync on the table even without doing the checksum?

Regards,
Ron

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM, umapathi b <umapathi.b@stripped> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can sync the data ..from master to slave ..if the table is not
> getting good amount of records ..and better to do it when there is
> off-peak time ..I mean when there less customer/user  incoming data .
>
> You may get some duplicate entry errors on the slave and you can
> resolve them by using this following command ..whenever there is
> duplicate entry error on the slave.
>
> stop slave; SET GLOBAL SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER=1; start slave;
>
> - Umapathi.
>
> - Umapathi.
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM, shawn green <shawn.l.green@stripped> wrote:
>> Hello Nhadie (Ron),
>>

>> On 4/4/2012 12:09 AM, nhadie ramos wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is it possible if i grab a dump of a certain table from the master
>>> restore it on the slave and start replication again?
>>> I have a table that is is not synched on the server, i have tried
>>> using pt-table-checksum to that table but i get the error "because 1
>>> cannot be nibbled safely."
>>>
>>> so i'm thinking of just stopping the slave, grab a dump of the table
>>> and restore to slave. will there be any data corruption?
>>>
>>> thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ron
>>>

>> Yes, you can do what you propose but it requires careful coordination of the
>> binary log coordinates at the time you take the image of the table you want
>> to restore. You want to stop the slave at the exact position you backup the
>> table, restore the table, then resume replication. If you do not do it in
>> that sequence, you run the risk of repeating events or skipping events that
>> were/should have been applied to the table you just restored.
>>
>> I propose you learn about the command START SLAVE UNTIL... to see how to
>> have the slave to stop at a specific log position.
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/start-slave.html
>>
>> I also recommend reading about the  the --master-data option of mysqldump.
>> There are other ways to take a backup of a table but whichever method you
>> choose also needs to capture the binary log position at the moment you make
>> the backup. This is just one easy way.
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysqldump.html
>>
>> With this information, you should be able to capture a good copy of the
>> table and safely add it to the slave at the appropriate location in the
>> replication stream.
>>
>> --
>> Shawn Green
>> MySQL Principal Technical Support Engineer
>> Oracle USA, Inc. - Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together.
>> Office: Blountville, TN
>>

>> --

discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
  • Re: discrepancy on a single tableshawn green4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tableumapathi b4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableJohan De Meersman4 Apr
        • Re: discrepancy on a single tablePrabhat Kumar4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableMarcus Bointon4 Apr