List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:nhadie ramos Date:April 4 2012 5:43am
Subject:Re: discrepancy on a single table
View as plain text
hi shawn,

thanks for the reply, i will try these one if i am getting these
correctly. i will stop slave, then run mysqldump with master-data
option so i can get the file and log position.
then run start slave with the until option using the data i got from
the dump. does this mean that the slave will catch up first before it
totally starts the replication?

regards,
Ron

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM, shawn green <shawn.l.green@stripped> wrote:
> Hello Nhadie (Ron),
>

> On 4/4/2012 12:09 AM, nhadie ramos wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Is it possible if i grab a dump of a certain table from the master
>> restore it on the slave and start replication again?
>> I have a table that is is not synched on the server, i have tried
>> using pt-table-checksum to that table but i get the error "because 1
>> cannot be nibbled safely."
>>
>> so i'm thinking of just stopping the slave, grab a dump of the table
>> and restore to slave. will there be any data corruption?
>>
>> thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ron
>>

> Yes, you can do what you propose but it requires careful coordination of the
> binary log coordinates at the time you take the image of the table you want
> to restore. You want to stop the slave at the exact position you backup the
> table, restore the table, then resume replication. If you do not do it in
> that sequence, you run the risk of repeating events or skipping events that
> were/should have been applied to the table you just restored.
>
> I propose you learn about the command START SLAVE UNTIL... to see how to
> have the slave to stop at a specific log position.
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/start-slave.html
>
> I also recommend reading about the  the --master-data option of mysqldump.
> There are other ways to take a backup of a table but whichever method you
> choose also needs to capture the binary log position at the moment you make
> the backup. This is just one easy way.
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysqldump.html
>
> With this information, you should be able to capture a good copy of the
> table and safely add it to the slave at the appropriate location in the
> replication stream.
>
> --
> Shawn Green
> MySQL Principal Technical Support Engineer
> Oracle USA, Inc. - Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together.
> Office: Blountville, TN

discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
  • Re: discrepancy on a single tableshawn green4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tableumapathi b4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableJohan De Meersman4 Apr
        • Re: discrepancy on a single tablePrabhat Kumar4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableMarcus Bointon4 Apr