List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:umapathi b Date:April 4 2012 4:46am
Subject:Re: discrepancy on a single table
View as plain text
Hi,

You can sync the data ..from master to slave ..if the table is not
getting good amount of records ..and better to do it when there is
off-peak time ..I mean when there less customer/user  incoming data .

You may get some duplicate entry errors on the slave and you can
resolve them by using this following command ..whenever there is
duplicate entry error on the slave.

stop slave; SET GLOBAL SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER=1; start slave;

- Umapathi.

- Umapathi.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM, shawn green <shawn.l.green@stripped> wrote:
> Hello Nhadie (Ron),
>

> On 4/4/2012 12:09 AM, nhadie ramos wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Is it possible if i grab a dump of a certain table from the master
>> restore it on the slave and start replication again?
>> I have a table that is is not synched on the server, i have tried
>> using pt-table-checksum to that table but i get the error "because 1
>> cannot be nibbled safely."
>>
>> so i'm thinking of just stopping the slave, grab a dump of the table
>> and restore to slave. will there be any data corruption?
>>
>> thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ron
>>

> Yes, you can do what you propose but it requires careful coordination of the
> binary log coordinates at the time you take the image of the table you want
> to restore. You want to stop the slave at the exact position you backup the
> table, restore the table, then resume replication. If you do not do it in
> that sequence, you run the risk of repeating events or skipping events that
> were/should have been applied to the table you just restored.
>
> I propose you learn about the command START SLAVE UNTIL... to see how to
> have the slave to stop at a specific log position.
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/start-slave.html
>
> I also recommend reading about the  the --master-data option of mysqldump.
> There are other ways to take a backup of a table but whichever method you
> choose also needs to capture the binary log position at the moment you make
> the backup. This is just one easy way.
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysqldump.html
>
> With this information, you should be able to capture a good copy of the
> table and safely add it to the slave at the appropriate location in the
> replication stream.
>
> --
> Shawn Green
> MySQL Principal Technical Support Engineer
> Oracle USA, Inc. - Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together.
> Office: Blountville, TN

discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
  • Re: discrepancy on a single tableshawn green4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tableumapathi b4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableJohan De Meersman4 Apr
        • Re: discrepancy on a single tablePrabhat Kumar4 Apr
    • Re: discrepancy on a single tablenhadie ramos4 Apr
      • Re: discrepancy on a single tableMarcus Bointon4 Apr