List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:nhadie ramos Date:April 1 2012 9:24pm
Subject:Re: adding another slave
View as plain text
thanks for the replies, unfortunately for me, we are still using v5.1.
i will try Andy's suggestion. thanks again!

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Neil Armitage <neil@stripped> wrote:
> if you are running 5.5.3 or higher you could use --dump-slave on your
> mysqldump command line, it works like --master-data when cloning from a
> slave
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysqldump.html#option_mysqldump_dump-slave
>
> On 1 April 2012 17:54, nhadie ramos <nhadie@stripped> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I currently have a replication setup with master and 1 slave. i would
>> like to add one more slave into the setup.
>> is it possible if i lock the slave tables, show slave status and get
>> Relay_Log_Pos and Relay_Master_Log_File. and create
>> a snapshot. once done, use the created snapshot to the new slave and
>> start replication with the values i got from the slave?
>>
>> Reason i would like to do this is because i don't want to lock tables
>> on the master.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ron
>>
>> --

adding another slavenhadie ramos1 Apr
  • Re: adding another slavea.smith1 Apr
  • Re: adding another slaveNeil Armitage1 Apr
    • Re: adding another slavenhadie ramos1 Apr
      • Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveRevathi Rangachari2 Apr
        • RE: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveDavid Lerer2 Apr
          • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveArthur Fuller2 Apr
            • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveRick James2 Apr
              • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveRevathi Rangachari2 Apr
                • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slavePankaj Joshi3 Apr
            • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveRevathi Rangachari2 Apr
              • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slavenehal dattani2 Apr