List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:a.smith Date:April 1 2012 5:06pm
Subject:Re: adding another slave
View as plain text
Quoting nhadie ramos <nhadie@stripped>:

> Hi,
>
> I currently have a replication setup with master and 1 slave. i would
> like to add one more slave into the setup.
> is it possible if i lock the slave tables, show slave status and get
> Relay_Log_Pos and Relay_Master_Log_File. and create
> a snapshot. once done, use the created snapshot to the new slave and
> start replication with the values i got from the slave?
>
> Reason i would like to do this is because i don't want to lock tables
> on the master.

Hi,

Do "stop slave" on the slave, "show slave status" mark down the log
file and pos, backup the databases, start slave on old slave. You will
then have a copy of the databases and the correct log file and pos to
setup as many new slaves as you want. Should do the trick with minimum
of effort,

cheers Andy.

Thread
adding another slavenhadie ramos1 Apr
  • Re: adding another slavea.smith1 Apr
  • Re: adding another slaveNeil Armitage1 Apr
    • Re: adding another slavenhadie ramos1 Apr
      • Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveRevathi Rangachari2 Apr
        • RE: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveDavid Lerer2 Apr
          • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveArthur Fuller2 Apr
            • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveRick James2 Apr
              • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveRevathi Rangachari2 Apr
                • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slavePankaj Joshi3 Apr
            • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slaveRevathi Rangachari2 Apr
              • Re: Seconds Behind Master increasing in slavenehal dattani2 Apr