List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:January 20 2012 7:33am
Subject:Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchup
View as plain text
On 19 Jan 2012, at 21:48, Simon wrote:

> Has changing from "stop slave" to "STOP SLAVE SQL_THREAD" made such a difference?

Seems like it - that's a neat mechanism. BTW if you're gzipping your backups, use pigz
instead of gzip - I managed to knock about 80% off my backup time by doing that. Even if
you only use it with a single compression thread, it's still faster as it has separate
threads for i/o.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK info@hand CRM solutions

Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon18 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon18 Jan
  • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupAndrew Morgan19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupRichard Bensley19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDavid Lerer19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
    • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
        • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon20 Jan