List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon Date:January 19 2012 8:48pm
Subject:Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchup
View as plain text
Hi All,

Thanks for all the great replies! Its taken me a bit to get organsied to reply. :)

As far as percona backup, yep we are using that for our larger databases, but these
particular master>slave servers are our primary web hosting servers. In this case we
have a huge mix of all types of databases and we need to run a mysqldump of each
individual database so that we can provide them to our customers as downloadable
archives.

So.. i changed from "stop slave" to "STOP SLAVE SQL_THREAD" (as per
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-solutions-backups-mysqldump.html). The
backup started at 8:08am, and completed at approx 9:32am... approx 2 mins later the slave
recovered!

http://www.nzlocal.com/simon/mysqlbackup.txt

Has changing from "stop slave" to "STOP SLAVE SQL_THREAD" made such a difference?

Simon

Thread
Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon18 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon18 Jan
  • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupAndrew Morgan19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupRichard Bensley19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDavid Lerer19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
    • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
        • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon20 Jan