List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dimitre Radoulov Date:January 19 2012 11:46am
Subject:Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchup
View as plain text
On 18/01/2012 20:01, Simon wrote:
> We are using MySQL5.1 (5.1.49-3) on debian squeeze and have it setup in a
> Master/Slave relationship. The master is a VM on our primary XenServer and the slave is a
> VM on our secondary XenServer.  The VMs are not using SWAP. The VMs have the following
> resources:
>
> Master: 4 x VCPUs, 10GB of Memory, 8GB System Disk, 100GB Data Disk (for mysql, disk
> on iSCSI NAS)
> Slave: 1 x VCPUs, 6GB of Memory, 8GB System Disk, 100GB Data Disk (for mysql, disk on
> local server storage)
>
> Each night at 12:30am we run a mysqldump backup from the slave using the following
> process. This process takes about 45 mins to complete.
>
> 1). Stop Slave
> 2). Mysqldump each database (/usr/bin/mysqldump -u ********* -p'*********' -h
> SLAVE_HOST --routines --databases $db | /bin/gzip -9>
> /path/to/backup/MySQL5Dump-$db-$NOW.gz)
> 3). Start Slave
>
> The problem we have is that the slave is taking ages to catch up. Im pretty sure that
> at that time in the morning the transactions are minimal... For example, i had to stop
> last nights backup as the slave had not caught up, and has still not caught up nearly 24
> hours later. I weird thing is it seems like it has been taking longer and longer to catch
> over the last month or so...

And to focus on the real issue, why the slave takes too much time to
catch up,
what format of replication are you using: SBR or RBR?

dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-formats.html

Regards
Dimitre
Thread
Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon18 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon18 Jan
  • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupAndrew Morgan19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupRichard Bensley19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDavid Lerer19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
    • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
        • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon20 Jan