List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:martín arrieta Date:January 19 2012 10:40am
Subject:Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchup
View as plain text
With xtrabackup, you can start one "parallel" mysql and of course make any
change that you need and get any information that you want. For example, it
is almost like copy your whole data directory, so you can use it as a
another mysql instance.

Martin.

2012/1/19 Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko@stripped>

>  On 19/01/2012 11:27, martín arrieta wrote:
>
> Also, with xtrabackup, you can make incremental backups,
>
>  http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/howtos/recipes_xbk_inc.html
>

> Hi Martín,
> thanks for the link and I agree that Oracle Enterprise Backup and
> xtrabackup are the right tools for the job
> if all the prerequisites/requirement are met.
>
> I still believe that a logical backup (an export with mysqldump) is nice
> to have because of its flexibility (you could restore a single
> or a set of objects, you could modify it's content etc).
>

> Regards
> Dimitre
>

> On 19 January 2012 08:14, Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko@stripped> wrote:
>
>> On 18/01/2012 20:01, Simon wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>

>>> Each night at 12:30am we run a mysqldump backup from the slave using the
>>> following process. This process takes about 45 mins to complete.
>>>
>>> 1). Stop Slave
>>> 2). Mysqldump each database (/usr/bin/mysqldump -u *********
>>> -p'*********' -h SLAVE_HOST --routines --databases $db | /bin/gzip -9>
>>>  /path/to/backup/MySQL5Dump-$db-$NOW.gz)
>>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I would suggest to change the command to:
>>
>> /usr/bin/mysqldump -u ********* -p'*********' -h SLAVE_HOST --routines
>> --databases --events "$db">  "/path/to/backup/MySQL5Dump-$db-$NOW"
>> gzip -9 "/path/to/backup/MySQL5Dump-$db-$NOW"
>>

>> This is only possible if you have space for the uncompressed dump file on
>> your filesystem, of course,
>> but the export (and the lock) will take less time.
>>
>> If the user databases don't contain MyISAM tables, you could use the
>> --single-transaction mysqldump option
>> and avoid the locking.
>>
>>  Regards
>> Dimitre
>>

>> P.S. I've added the --events option to your command for completeness.
>>

>> --

Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon18 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon18 Jan
  • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupAndrew Morgan19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupRichard Bensley19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDavid Lerer19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
    • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
        • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon20 Jan