List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dimitre Radoulov Date:January 19 2012 10:34am
Subject:Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchup
View as plain text
On 19/01/2012 11:27, martín arrieta wrote:
> Also, with xtrabackup, you can make incremental backups,
>
> http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/howtos/recipes_xbk_inc.html

Hi Martín,
thanks for the link and I agree that Oracle Enterprise Backup and
xtrabackup are the right tools for the job
if all the prerequisites/requirement are met.

I still believe that a logical backup (an export with mysqldump) is nice
to have because of its flexibility (you could restore a single
or a set of objects, you could modify it's content etc).

Regards
Dimitre

> On 19 January 2012 08:14, Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko@stripped
> <mailto:cichomitiko@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     On 18/01/2012 20:01, Simon wrote:
>
>         [...]
>

>         Each night at 12:30am we run a mysqldump backup from the slave
>         using the following process. This process takes about 45 mins
>         to complete.
>
>         1). Stop Slave
>         2). Mysqldump each database (/usr/bin/mysqldump -u *********
>         -p'*********' -h SLAVE_HOST --routines --databases $db |
>         /bin/gzip -9>  /path/to/backup/MySQL5Dump-$db-$NOW.gz)
>
>     [...]
>
>     I would suggest to change the command to:
>
>     /usr/bin/mysqldump -u ********* -p'*********' -h SLAVE_HOST
>     --routines --databases --events "$db">
>      "/path/to/backup/MySQL5Dump-$db-$NOW"
>     gzip -9 "/path/to/backup/MySQL5Dump-$db-$NOW"
>

>     This is only possible if you have space for the uncompressed dump
>     file on your filesystem, of course,
>     but the export (and the lock) will take less time.
>
>     If the user databases don't contain MyISAM tables, you could use
>     the --single-transaction mysqldump option
>     and avoid the locking.
>
>      Regards
>     Dimitre
>

>     P.S. I've added the --events option to your command for completeness.
>

>     --

Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon18 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon18 Jan
  • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupAndrew Morgan19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupRichard Bensley19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDavid Lerer19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
    • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
        • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon20 Jan