List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:martín arrieta Date:January 19 2012 10:27am
Subject:Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchup
View as plain text
Also, with xtrabackup, you can make incremental backups,

http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/howtos/recipes_xbk_inc.html

Martin.

On 19 January 2012 08:14, Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko@stripped> wrote:

> On 18/01/2012 20:01, Simon wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>

>> Each night at 12:30am we run a mysqldump backup from the slave using the
>> following process. This process takes about 45 mins to complete.
>>
>> 1). Stop Slave
>> 2). Mysqldump each database (/usr/bin/mysqldump -u *********
>> -p'*********' -h SLAVE_HOST --routines --databases $db | /bin/gzip -9>
>>  /path/to/backup/MySQL5Dump-$**db-$NOW.gz)
>>
> [...]
>
> I would suggest to change the command to:
>
> /usr/bin/mysqldump -u ********* -p'*********' -h SLAVE_HOST --routines
> --databases --events "$db">  "/path/to/backup/MySQL5Dump-$**db-$NOW"
> gzip -9 "/path/to/backup/MySQL5Dump-$**db-$NOW"
>

> This is only possible if you have space for the uncompressed dump file on
> your filesystem, of course,
> but the export (and the lock) will take less time.
>
> If the user databases don't contain MyISAM tables, you could use the
> --single-transaction mysqldump option
> and avoid the locking.
>
>  Regards
> Dimitre
>

> P.S. I've added the --events option to your command for completeness.

Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon18 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon18 Jan
  • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupAndrew Morgan19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupRichard Bensley19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDavid Lerer19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
    • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
        • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon20 Jan