List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Bensley Date:January 19 2012 8:49am
Subject:RE: Slow Slave Replication Catchup
View as plain text
Innodb and non-blocking backups are the key things to consider here.

As Simon pointed out, Mysql enterprise backup will do this. It is however
commercial software.

Or as Marcus suggested, xtrabackup, by percona:
http://www.percona.com/software/percona-xtrabackup/

Not only are they great backup tools, I also use xtrabackup to quickly
duplicate slaves.

Rich
On Jan 19, 2012 8:38 AM, "Andrew Morgan" <andrew.morgan@stripped> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
>  A couple of ideas...
>
> If you're using InnoDB for your tables (and if you're not then consider
> migrating) then you could use MySQL Enterprise Backup for non-blocking
> backups... http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/backup.html
>
> If you're able to split your data between multiple schemas/databases then
> see if the 5.6 Multi-Threaded Slave feature helps replication catch up
> faster (note that this is part of MySQL 5.6 which is *not* GA yet)...
> http://d2-systems.blogspot.com/2011/07/update-on-multi-threaded-slave.html
>
> Regards, Andrew.

Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon18 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon18 Jan
  • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupAndrew Morgan19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupRichard Bensley19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDavid Lerer19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
    • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
        • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon20 Jan