List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:January 19 2012 8:38am
Subject:RE: Slow Slave Replication Catchup
View as plain text
Hi Simon,

 A couple of ideas...

If you're using InnoDB for your tables (and if you're not then consider migrating) then
you could use MySQL Enterprise Backup for non-blocking backups...
http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/backup.html

If you're able to split your data between multiple schemas/databases then see if the 5.6
Multi-Threaded Slave feature helps replication catch up faster (note that this is part of
MySQL 5.6 which is *not* GA yet)...
http://d2-systems.blogspot.com/2011/07/update-on-multi-threaded-slave.html

Regards, Andrew.

Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon18 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon18 Jan
  • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupAndrew Morgan19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupRichard Bensley19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon19 Jan
    • RE: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDavid Lerer19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
    • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
      • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
        • Re: Slow Slave Replication Catchupmartín arrieta19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupDimitre Radoulov19 Jan
Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupSimon19 Jan
  • Re: Slow Slave Replication CatchupMarcus Bointon20 Jan