List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:January 4 2012 12:14pm
Subject:Re: master to master upgrade 5.0-> 5.1
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Database System" <database100@stripped>
>
> We know when we upgrade replication servers from 5.0 to 5.1, we need
> to upgrade slave server first. But what about master to master
> replication?

Strictly speaking, master-master is not supported, so you're on your own :-)

Given that the new slave speaks both formats (assuming there's a format change), it makes
sense to stop the slave on the active master; then upgrade the passive master; then
upgrade the active master and then re-enabling the slave on that node - that way the last
slave to be upgraded will only start reading the new format logs after it has been
upgraded, and everything should work.

You can, of course, switch operations to the passive node after it's been upgraded, if so
desired.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn