List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 28 2011 11:20am
Subject:Re: Temporary table issue
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "ANIL YADAV" <uranil@stripped>
>
> I am facing a weired proble. I have a M-S replication setup.
>  Application useing temporary table on master server.  Normally Replication
> running fine, But when ever MySQL instance is down(Either By carsh or Scheduled
> Downtime), Replication breaks giving error (Table not exist).

Yes, temporary tables (CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE ...) are session-dependent (only the
creating session can see them) and vanish when you log out (or the mysqld stops).

You may want to use memory tables (CREATE TABLE ... ENGINE=MEMORY) which are also
in-memory; they are not session-dependent (everyone sees them and they do not vanish at
logout) and their structure remains intact after a service restart (although the table
will be empty).

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn