List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:September 23 2011 8:02pm
Subject:Re: mmm - mysql
View as plain text
On 23 Sep 2011, at 19:57, Ricardo Freitas wrote:

> Followed your gentle advice regarding the mmm-mysql system and It is a go. I
> have a few questions that I've tried to found asnwer too but in vain.
> Regarding the configuration of the monitor, I found that there are a bunch
> of virtual addresses that the manual doesn't specify if I need to create
> them (on my network) or if is just something the monitor will handle.

The only one you actually need is one for the writer role. If you want slaves to float
too, you'll need an additional IP for each slave (== reader role). You need to have a
suitable allocated IP, mmm will configure it for you. Note that the floating IP is
published by the agents (i.e. the database nodes) though the monitor node tells them to
do it.

The MMM docs are a bit strangely formatted and it's sometimes hard to see what you need to
set - post your config if you're still having trouble.

Much as for heartbeat, you might (try without first) also need to set sysctl to allow
binding to non-local IPs. I have this line in /etc/sysctl.d/60-user.conf:

net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind=1

This allows you to start daemons listening on IP addresses that he server doesn't
currently have.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon