List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ricardo Freitas Date:September 21 2011 6:21pm
Subject:RE: confirm subscribe to replication@lists.mysql.com
View as plain text
Hello my good friends!

Recently join the group in hope of getting (and providing) some help.

I already have configured and manage a replication system with a master and
a slave unit.

Understood most of the process and read a lot about it - had to cause the
system crashed :)

Since I have a lot of traffic on this particular database, mostly on a
specific timeframe of one hour everyday with values along the 5500 records
per minute, I was wondering what implications, performance wise, does a
master-slave replication system have.

The master would have to not only insert the records but update the binlog
as well - I'm sure these are microseconds we are talking about but I thought
of asking you guys if someone has already tested this.

Would you guys feel it would make an huge difference to have the db to act
as master opposed to act as a "single" db ?

As long as I'm here, let me ask you a few more questions. To have a somewhat
non-failing database system, what would you guys recommend? I need to have a
realtime solution (the dump backup would not work has it takes too long) - I
thought of the master-slave system cause if somehow the master stops
working, I can redirect all access (web, etc) to the slave and things would
flow normally (as far as the user is concerned - I would probably be running
in circles shouting!)

Thanks guys!

Ricardo

Thread