List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrej Pintar Date:September 5 2011 4:34pm
Subject:Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutes
or hours..
View as plain text
> Are the date time set the same on both servers?  What upgrade process did you use?
>
> Alexis Guajardo
     yes both servers are synced. I don't think that different date/time
would impact replication. only logs. and it becomes much harder to
identify problems if time is not synced (when you're hunting queries or
errors).
     -generally we would test mysql in a development environment. we
would install a master and slave on a virtual machine or any other and
test if it works....
     -if upgrade is really necessary then its done when there is less
load on the site/application or when most users are on vacation (lets
say at the end of the year)

     -you could tune a little connect_timeout variables or such... relay
log should be growing on the slave when it getting new data
     -i still need to look at my logs and configuration

--
Andrej Pintar
email : api984@stripped

On 4.9.2011. 23:03, Alexis Guajardo wrote:
> Are the date time set the same on both servers?  What upgrade process did you use?
>
> Alexis Guajardo
> Zaynka.com
>
> On Sep 4, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Andrej Pintar<api984@stripped>  wrote:
>
>> any warnings in the logs. timeouts. connects. had same thing... just can't
> remember what was it.
>>
>> ->  never upgrade if the system works with no errors.
>>
>> did you test and simulate in the development environment?
>>
>> --
>> Andrej Pintar
>> email : api984@stripped
>>            andrej@stripped
>>            api984@stripped
>> web: http://www.api984.net
>> contact cell: 00385 98 790 639
>> home server: http://api984.ath.cx
>> ICQ: 191748772
>> Skype: api9841
>> MSN: fatallord@stripped
>> IRC: api984, freenode.net
>> FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/api984
>> Hometown Site: www.skrad.com
>> ::Software is like sex: it's better when it's free::--

>>> I have the db under /var/db/mysql
>>>
>>> it shows:
>>>
>>> -rw-rw----   1 mysql  mysql  149765008 Sep  4 18:37
> tungsten-relay-bin.000214
>>> -rw-rw----   1 mysql  mysql         67 Sep  4 18:38 relay-log.info
>>> -rw-rw----   1 mysql  mysql         73 Sep  4 18:38 master.info
>>>
>>> but the date is:
>>>
>>> [root@tungsten /var/db/mysql]# date
>>> Sun Sep  4 19:11:13 CEST 2011
>>>

>>> And it's delayed 1 hour. No data is transferred to the slave. It says:
> Secords behind master 0.
>>>
>>> What the hell is going on here?
>>>
>> --

Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutes orhours.. Adam PAPAI4 Sep
  • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Adam PAPAI4 Sep
    • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Andrej Pintar4 Sep
      • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutes or hours..Alexis Guajardo4 Sep
        • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Adam PAPAI5 Sep
          • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Rob Wultsch6 Sep
        • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Andrej Pintar5 Sep
    • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Pankaj Joshi5 Sep
      • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutes or hours..Alexis Guajardo5 Sep
    • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Rick James6 Sep