List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alexis Guajardo Date:September 5 2011 8:00am
Subject:Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutes or hours..
View as plain text
The documentation has a better explanation

When the slave SQL thread is actively processing updates, this field is the number of
seconds that have elapsed since the timestamp of the most recent event on the master
executed by that thread.

When the SQL thread has caught up to the slave I/O thread and is idle waiting for more
events from the I/O thread, this field is zero.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/show-slave-status.html
Alexis Guajardo
Zaynka.com

On Sep 4, 2011, at 11:02 PM, Pankaj Joshi <pankajjo02@stripped> wrote:

> Hello Adam,
>
> i have explained how to properly monitor the mysql replication in this post
> http://onaxer.com/blog/blog/tag/mysql-replication/
>
> hope you will find it useful , let me know in case of any questions/doubts.
>
> Thanks
> Pankaj
>
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Adam PAPAI <papai.adam@stripped> wrote:
>

>> Adam PAPAI wrote:
>>
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> I have a Master -> [ Slave 1, Slave 2 ] setup for years.
>>>

>> I have the db under /var/db/mysql
>>
>> it shows:
>>
>> -rw-rw----   1 mysql  mysql  149765008 Sep  4 18:37
>> tungsten-relay-bin.000214
>> -rw-rw----   1 mysql  mysql         67 Sep  4 18:38 relay-log.info
>> -rw-rw----   1 mysql  mysql         73 Sep  4 18:38 master.info
>>
>> but the date is:
>>
>> [root@tungsten /var/db/mysql]# date
>> Sun Sep  4 19:11:13 CEST 2011
>>

>> And it's delayed 1 hour. No data is transferred to the slave. It says:
>> Secords behind master 0.
>>
>> What the hell is going on here?
>>

>> --
>> Adam PAPAI
>> Grapes Communication Kft.
>> http://www.grapes.hu
>> E-mail: papai.adam@stripped
>> Phone: +36 30 33-55-735 (Hungary)
>>

>> --

Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutes orhours.. Adam PAPAI4 Sep
  • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Adam PAPAI4 Sep
    • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Andrej Pintar4 Sep
      • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutes or hours..Alexis Guajardo4 Sep
        • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Adam PAPAI5 Sep
          • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Rob Wultsch6 Sep
        • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Andrej Pintar5 Sep
    • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Pankaj Joshi5 Sep
      • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutes or hours..Alexis Guajardo5 Sep
    • Re: Seconds Behind the master 0 but in reality it's over 10 minutesor hours..Rick James6 Sep