List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Miesen Date:September 1 2011 8:05pm
Subject:Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environment
View as plain text
I was able to find the master.info file and immediately determined that
the problem was that MySQL was truncating the password from 64
characters to 32 characters. Needless to say, this was the cause of all
of my woes here. The solution was to use a 32 character password
(generated using a random password generator, of course). After some
more tinkering, I was able to successfully setup the replication
environment. I'm going to file a bug report on this matter, since I had
no problem logging into the MySQL server using a standard MySQL client
with the 64 character password.

Thanks again everyone for your help!

On 09/01/2011 07:44, Wagner Bianchi wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Since the MySQL 5.1, the MySQL's $DATADIR is located
> at C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/Data/, that is, at the Windows'
> Data Folder.
>
> Could you check if you find the master.info at that location, please?
>
> Best wishes,
> --
> Wagner Bianchi - +55 (31) 8654 - 9510
> *LinkedIn*: http://br.linkedin.com/in/wagnerbianchi
> *Twitter*: @wagnerbianchijr
> *Skype*: wbianchijr
>

> 2011/9/1 Truls Bergskaug<truls@stripped>
>
>> On 09/01/2011 11:54 AM, Robert Miesen wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you for your help.
>>>
>>> I searched the installation directory for the master.info file (running
>>> MySQL v5.5, on a Windows Server) and couldn't find it anywhere, even though
>>> I setup the slave using the appropriate additions to the my.cnf file and
>>> running the CHANGE MASTER TO statement.
>>>
>>> Do you know where the master.info file should be on a Windows Server.
>>>
>> It's usually where the database files are.

> slave side

> 'repl@*ip_address_redacted*:**3306'

> server.html#error_er_access_**denied_error<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/error-messages-server.html#error_er_access_denied_error>>)

> these

> the machine
> the Windows
> what could be

>> --

*Robert Miesen*

	*Email:* robert.miesen@stripped <mailto:robert.miesen@stripped>
*http://www.linkedin.com/in/rmiesen*
See who we know in common <http://www.linkedin.com/e/wwk/42004246/>
Want a signature like this? <http://www.linkedin.com/e/sig/42004246/>

Thread
Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen29 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug29 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentANIL YADAV29 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug1 Sep
        • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen1 Sep
          • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug1 Sep
            • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentWagner Bianchi1 Sep
              • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen1 Sep
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentAndrej Pintar29 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
      • RE: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentMohammed Bajwa30 Aug
        • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentJohan De Meersman30 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentDatabase System1 Sep