List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Truls Bergskaug Date:September 1 2011 12:29pm
Subject:Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environment
View as plain text
On 09/01/2011 11:54 AM, Robert Miesen wrote:
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I searched the installation directory for the master.info file
> (running MySQL v5.5, on a Windows Server) and couldn't find it
> anywhere, even though I setup the slave using the appropriate
> additions to the my.cnf file and running the CHANGE MASTER TO statement.
>
> Do you know where the master.info file should be on a Windows Server.
It's usually where the database files are.

> On 09/01/2011 01:56, Truls Bergskaug wrote:
>> On 08/30/2011 10:08 AM, Robert Miesen wrote:
>>> I've done so and have confirmed that I can login and have the GRANTS
>>> I expect to have.

>> Error: |1045| SQLSTATE: |28000| (|ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR|
>>
> <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/error-messages-server.html#error_er_access_denied_error>)
>

>> Message: Access denied for user '%s'@'%s' (using password: %s)
>>
>> The only privilege the replication user need is "REPLICATION SLAVE".
>> In the file "master.info" in your data directory on the slave;
>> servername, username, password and port is stored. Please verify that
>> these values are what you can use to connect to the master.

Thread
Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen29 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug29 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentANIL YADAV29 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug1 Sep
        • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen1 Sep
          • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug1 Sep
            • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentWagner Bianchi1 Sep
              • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen1 Sep
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentAndrej Pintar29 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
      • RE: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentMohammed Bajwa30 Aug
        • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentJohan De Meersman30 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentDatabase System1 Sep