List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Truls Bergskaug Date:September 1 2011 8:56am
Subject:Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environment
View as plain text
On 08/30/2011 10:08 AM, Robert Miesen wrote:
> I've done so and have confirmed that I can login and have the GRANTS I
> expect to have.
>>>
>>> Every time I try and start the replication process on the slave side
>>> of things, I get the following error message:
>>>
>>> Slave I/O: error connecting to master
>>> 'repl@*ip_address_redacted*:3306' - retry-time: 60  retries: 86400,
>>> Error_code: 1045

Error: |1045| SQLSTATE: |28000| (|ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR|
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/error-messages-server.html#error_er_access_denied_error>)

Message: Access denied for user '%s'@'%s' (using password: %s)

The only privilege the replication user need is "REPLICATION SLAVE".
In the file "master.info" in your data directory on the slave;
servername, username, password and port is stored. Please verify that
these values are what you can use to connect to the master.

>>> I've verified that I can login using the repl account from the
>>> machine in question, so I know that the repl account can login from
>>> the Windows Server machine to the Master MySQL server. My question
>>> is, what could be causing this sort of error if it's not a
>>> credentials issue?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for your help!

Thread
Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen29 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug29 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentANIL YADAV29 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug1 Sep
        • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen1 Sep
          • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug1 Sep
            • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentWagner Bianchi1 Sep
              • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen1 Sep
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentAndrej Pintar29 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
      • RE: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentMohammed Bajwa30 Aug
        • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentJohan De Meersman30 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentDatabase System1 Sep