List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrej Pintar Date:August 29 2011 4:20pm
Subject:Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environment
View as plain text
> replicate-ignore-table=lm_store.user
> replicate-ignore-table=lm_store.usergroup
> replicate-ignore-table=lm_store.usergroupasm
goes to slave server. not master. master writes everything into the
binlog and the slave
parses the log with exceptions like in the case here.

--
Andrej Pintar
email : api984@stripped

On 29.8.2011. 7:42, Robert Miesen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am attempting to setup a MySQL replication environment between a
> v5.1 master (running on a Linux machine) and a v5.5 slave (running on
> a Windows Server machine) and nothing I do seems to work here. I've
> modified the master server's my.cnf file as follows:
>
> replicate-do-db=lm_store
> replicate-ignore-table=lm_store.user
> replicate-ignore-table=lm_store.usergroup
> replicate-ignore-table=lm_store.usergroupasm
> log-bin=MySQL-bin
> server-id=1
> port=3306
>

> I modified the slave's my.cnf file as follows:
>
> [mysqld]
> server-id=2
>

> I setup a replication user called "repl"@"%.*domain_name_redacted*"
> with replication slave permissions. I also configured the slave to use
> the master using the following query:
>
> CHANGE MASTER TO
> MASTER_HOST    = '*ip_address_redacted*',
> MASTER_USER    = 'repl',
> MASTER_PASSWORD= '*redacted*',
> MASTER_LOG_FILE= ' MySQL-bin.000001',
> MASTER_LOG_POS = 4236;
>

> Every time I try and start the replication process on the slave side
> of things, I get the following error message:
>
> Slave I/O: error connecting to master
> 'repl@*ip_address_redacted*:3306' - retry-time: 60  retries: 86400,
> Error_code: 1045
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center athttp://www.mysql.com.
>

> I've verified that I can login using the repl account from the machine
> in question, so I know that the repl account can login from the
> Windows Server machine to the Master MySQL server. My question is,
> what could be causing this sort of error if it's not a credentials issue?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
Thread
Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen29 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug29 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentANIL YADAV29 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug1 Sep
        • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen1 Sep
          • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug1 Sep
            • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentWagner Bianchi1 Sep
              • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen1 Sep
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentAndrej Pintar29 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
      • RE: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentMohammed Bajwa30 Aug
        • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentJohan De Meersman30 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentDatabase System1 Sep