List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Miesen Date:August 29 2011 5:42am
Subject:Having trouble setting up a replication environment
View as plain text
Hi.

I am attempting to setup a MySQL replication environment between a v5.1
master (running on a Linux machine) and a v5.5 slave (running on a
Windows Server machine) and nothing I do seems to work here. I've
modified the master server's my.cnf file as follows:

replicate-do-db=lm_store
replicate-ignore-table=lm_store.user
replicate-ignore-table=lm_store.usergroup
replicate-ignore-table=lm_store.usergroupasm
log-bin=MySQL-bin
server-id=1
port=3306

I modified the slave's my.cnf file as follows:

[mysqld]
server-id=2

I setup a replication user called "repl"@"%.*domain_name_redacted*" with
replication slave permissions. I also configured the slave to use the
master using the following query:

CHANGE MASTER TO
MASTER_HOST    = '*ip_address_redacted*',
MASTER_USER    = 'repl',
MASTER_PASSWORD= '*redacted*',
MASTER_LOG_FILE= ' MySQL-bin.000001',
MASTER_LOG_POS = 4236;

Every time I try and start the replication process on the slave side of
things, I get the following error message:

Slave I/O: error connecting to master 'repl@*ip_address_redacted*:3306' - retry-time: 60
retries: 86400, Error_code: 1045

For more information, see Help and Support Center athttp://www.mysql.com.

I've verified that I can login using the repl account from the machine
in question, so I know that the repl account can login from the Windows
Server machine to the Master MySQL server. My question is, what could be
causing this sort of error if it's not a credentials issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen29 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug29 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentANIL YADAV29 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug1 Sep
        • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen1 Sep
          • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentTruls Bergskaug1 Sep
            • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentWagner Bianchi1 Sep
              • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen1 Sep
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentAndrej Pintar29 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentRobert Miesen30 Aug
      • RE: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentMohammed Bajwa30 Aug
        • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentJohan De Meersman30 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble setting up a replication environmentDatabase System1 Sep