List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:July 20 2011 4:44pm
Subject:Re: Slave receives end packet from master
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Database System" <database100@stripped>
>
> The replication keeps on and off (Slave I/O thread value changes
> between Yes and No automatically). It comes back on its own, but
> since it being off so often, and doesn't have enough time to catch

Wiggle the cable :-)

More specifically, this sounds like the slave easily loses connection - set up network
throughput graphs; have a look in your system logs if any down/ups appear there; see if
there isn't a pattern in the disconnects; check for duplicate IPs (some host trying to
steal the slave's IP); and do, indeed, check if the cables are securely in their socket.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
Thread
Slave receives end packet from masterDatabase System20 Jul
  • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterJohan De Meersman20 Jul
    • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterRick James20 Jul
      • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterDatabase System20 Jul
      • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterJohan De Meersman21 Jul
        • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterRick James21 Jul
          • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterJohan De Meersman21 Jul
            • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterDatabase System21 Jul
              • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterPrabhat Kumar21 Jul
                • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterDatabase System22 Jul
                  • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterJohan De Meersman22 Jul
                    • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterDatabase System22 Jul
                  • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterEber Duarte22 Jul
                • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterDatabase System22 Jul
              • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterAlfie John21 Jul
    • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterDatabase System20 Jul
      • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterRick James20 Jul
        • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterDatabase System20 Jul
          • Re: Slave receives end packet from masterWagner Bianchi21 Jul