List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alfie John Date:July 14 2011 11:31pm
Subject:Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,
multi-master replication for MySQL
View as plain text
Hi Rick,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 04:21:45PM -0700, Rick James wrote:
> And what happens if the "local relay" dies an unrecoverable death?

You can either point the client (slaves) to another relay (either
another local, or remote). The clients know where they are up to based
on the server (originating master) so recovery is really just figuring
out where to get your feed from now that your original feed is down.

I hope this is all making sense?

Alfie

> On 7/14/11 2:18 PM, Alfie John wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 07:06:09AM +1000, Alfie John wrote:
> >>It currently only supports the v4 binlogs, but have only tested it in
> >>MySQL 5.0 and 5.1 environments.
> >I forgot to mention, once I have a bit of time I want to change the way
> >the test scripts are done and automate the entire process using
> >MySQL::Sandbox. This will allow automated tests against any verison of
> >MySQL.
> >
> >Alfie
> >
> >>When will the full release happen? If you're talking about including the
> >>relay, I'm hoping for a few weeks. If you're talking about the relay,
> >>row based replication and LOAD DATA INFILE, a little longer.
> >>
> >>I'm aiming to put it all on GitHub this weekend so you can track progress.
> >>
> >>Alfie

[Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-masterreplication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
  • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
  • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-master replication for MySQLJohan De Meersman14 Jul
    • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
  • RE: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-master replication for MySQLSteven Wechsler14 Jul
    • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
      • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
        • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-masterreplication for MySQLRick James15 Jul
          • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John15 Jul