List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:July 14 2011 10:43am
Subject:Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-master replication for MySQL
View as plain text
Interesting idea. Any links to the technical details? How exactly does it replicate? What
caveats are there?

I can see a few use cases, but the most obvious would be to use a single slave as hot
standby for several masters. You could probably do load distribution of the same database
over several masters, but you'd risk the slave not being able to keep up with all the
writes, no? Would a circular setup of this work better than a regular master/master
setup?

What's the layout and use case you're using this for at Opera?