List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alfie John Date:July 14 2011 9:25am
Subject:Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,
multi-master replication for MySQL
View as plain text
Whoops. Forgot to mention that the slides/video was from a talk I gave
at Melbourne Perl Mongers last night (hence the copy paste).

Alfie

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 07:06:38PM +1000, Alfie John wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to announce MySQL::Replication to the list. It's a peer-to-peer
> based, multi-master replication. We've been using it in production at
> work (Opera Software) for a while now and it's been fine so far :)
>
> You can probably skip to slide 164 for the info on what MySQL::Replication is
> all about.
>
> The video of the slide will be up on Vimeo soon. The questions section
> at the end of my talk was longer than the talk itself, and might also
> help you get an understanding on what we were trying to achieve.
>
> Alfie
>
> -- 8< --
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I wasn't going to push MySQL::Replication to CPAN until the
> documentation was done (some of it is there but is rough, but mostly
> missing). But after speaking to Matt (R) last night, he said he was
> happy to see the even without the documentation.
>
> After emailing him, I thought others might be interested so I tried to
> upload a "pre-release" on CPAN but for some reason pause.perl.org seems
> down for me...  so you can temporarily get the code at:
>
>   http://h4c.kr/mysql-replication-0.0.0.tar.gz
>
> But I'll be moving it to GitHub hopefully this weekend.
>
> You can find my talk at:
>
>   http://www.slideshare.net/alfiejohn/mysqlreplication-perl-mongers-201107
>
> I know it looks a bit big at 255 slides... but I tried to go for that
> Lessig presentation approach so it should take under 5 minutes to go
> through it.

[Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-masterreplication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
  • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
  • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-master replication for MySQLJohan De Meersman14 Jul
    • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
  • RE: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-master replication for MySQLSteven Wechsler14 Jul
    • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
      • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
        • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-masterreplication for MySQLRick James15 Jul
          • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John15 Jul