List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alfie John Date:July 14 2011 9:06am
Subject:[Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-master
replication for MySQL
View as plain text
Hi guys,

I would like to announce MySQL::Replication to the list. It's a peer-to-peer
based, multi-master replication. We've been using it in production at
work (Opera Software) for a while now and it's been fine so far :)

You can probably skip to slide 164 for the info on what MySQL::Replication is
all about.

The video of the slide will be up on Vimeo soon. The questions section
at the end of my talk was longer than the talk itself, and might also
help you get an understanding on what we were trying to achieve.

Alfie

-- 8< --

Hi guys,

I wasn't going to push MySQL::Replication to CPAN until the
documentation was done (some of it is there but is rough, but mostly
missing). But after speaking to Matt (R) last night, he said he was
happy to see the even without the documentation.

After emailing him, I thought others might be interested so I tried to
upload a "pre-release" on CPAN but for some reason pause.perl.org seems
down for me...  so you can temporarily get the code at:

  http://h4c.kr/mysql-replication-0.0.0.tar.gz

But I'll be moving it to GitHub hopefully this weekend.

You can find my talk at:

  http://www.slideshare.net/alfiejohn/mysqlreplication-perl-mongers-201107

I know it looks a bit big at 255 slides... but I tried to go for that
Lessig presentation approach so it should take under 5 minutes to go
through it.
Thread
[Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-masterreplication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
  • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
  • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-master replication for MySQLJohan De Meersman14 Jul
    • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
  • RE: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-master replication for MySQLSteven Wechsler14 Jul
    • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
      • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John14 Jul
        • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based, multi-masterreplication for MySQLRick James15 Jul
          • Re: [Announce] MySQL::Replication - peer-to-peer based,multi-master replication for MySQLAlfie John15 Jul