List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lars Thalmann Date:January 23 2005 3:55am
Subject:Re: when does it update?
View as plain text
Hi Mike,

It is not enough to just have binlog files on your slave.  The binlog is
just storing what is being executed on the slave, so if that is all
you have, then replication is not working.

You also need master.info, relay-log.info, and relay log files.

To start replication you need to execute the following commands:

CHANGE MASTER TO
     MASTER_HOST='master_host_name',
     MASTER_USER='replication_user_name',
     MASTER_PASSWORD='replication_password',
     MASTER_LOG_FILE='recorded_log_file_name',
     MASTER_LOG_POS=recorded_log_position;

START SLAVE;

The best place to read about this, is here:
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/replication-howto.html

Best wishes,
Lars