List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:April 29 2011 12:39pm
Subject:Re: replication error 1236 start replication from impossible position
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "a smith" <a.smith@stripped>
>
>    I have a replication setup with one master and two slave systems.
> Both slave systems have failed with the error:
>
> Got fatal error 1236 from master when reading data from binary log:
> 'Client requested master to start replication from impossible
> position'
>
> The master has not crashed or experienced other similar problems,
> what might have caused this?

Hmm. I've seen this a few times over the last weeks, but I ascribed it to an unstable
underlying filesystem. That's been patched now, so I'll see wether it pops up again.

I pretty much set the master position to the start of the next log and then used maatkit
to verify consistency when the slave cought up.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn