List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ars k Date:April 25 2011 8:59am
Subject:Re: replication is not automatic
View as plain text
Hi Tim,
I am replying assuming that this issue is not resolved still.
As per your comments, you see the replication slave and IO running
successfully but reading the master log file is happening only when you
issue STOP SLAVE and START SLAVE. Am I right here?
If so, you may have to look into the variables
master-connect-retry<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-options-slave.html#option_mysqld_master-connect-retry>
slave-net-timeout<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-options-slave.html#option_mysqld_slave-net-timeout>
master-retry-count<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-options-slave.html#option_mysqld_master-retry-count>
Since you are able to sync the slave when you issue stop/start slave
commands, the network should be fine.
As per the slave status you have given, the slave tries every 60 seconds. We
may have to look into master-retry-count, since the slave might have given
up its tries after that count. Kindly add this variable in the cnf file and
set the value as 0 for infinity tries for a slave to connect the master.
Also add log-warnings=2 in cnf file to see more messages in error file,
mostly about aborted connection issues. Add these variables and restart the
instance. Kindly let me know response what you are getting.

Regards,
Vinodh.k

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Tim Dunphy <bluethundr@stripped> wrote:

> [...]
> shouldn't run into those errors any more on the master machine.
>
> > Do you have any firewalls that might be causing network connectivity
> issues?
>
> No, it would appear not.. connection from the master to the slave works
>
> [root@VIRTCENT09:/var/lib/mysql] #telnet db2 3306
> Trying 192.168.1.32...
> Connected to db2.summitnjhome.com (192.168.1.32).
> Escape character is '^]'.
>

> So does the connection from slave to master:
>
> [root@virtcent10:~] #telnet db1 3306
> Trying 192.168.1.31...
> Connected to db1.summitnjhome.com (192.168.1.31).
> Escape character is '^]'.
>

> >Also, does "show slave status" still not show any errors?
>
>  But to answer your question SHOW SLAVE STATUS on the slave still does not
> show any errors which is part of the reason this is so confusing. But as you
> can clearly see the slave is lagging behind the master.
>
>  From the replication master:
>
> mysql> SHOW MASTER STATUS \G
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>            File: mysqlmaster.000025
>        Position: 922038
>    Binlog_Do_DB:
> Binlog_Ignore_DB:
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>

> from the replication slave:
>
> mysql> SHOW SLAVE STATUS \G
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>               Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
>                   Master_Host: virtcent09.summitnjhome.com
>                   Master_User: repl
>                  Master_Port: 3306
>                Connect_Retry: 60
>               Master_Log_File: mysqlmaster.000025
>          Read_Master_Log_Pos: 921897
>               Relay_Log_File: mysqld-relay-bin.000037
>                Relay_Log_Pos: 50015
>        Relay_Master_Log_File: mysqlmaster.000025
>              Slave_IO_Running: Yes
>            Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
>              Replicate_Do_DB:
>          Replicate_Ignore_DB:
>           Replicate_Do_Table:
>       Replicate_Ignore_Table:
>      Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
>  Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
>                   Last_Errno: 0
>                   Last_Error:
>                 Skip_Counter: 0
>           Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 921897
>              Relay_Log_Space: 60786
>               Until_Condition: None
>               Until_Log_File:
>                Until_Log_Pos: 0
>           Master_SSL_Allowed: No
>            Master_SSL_CA_File: 0
>            Master_SSL_CA_Path:
>              Master_SSL_Cert:
>            Master_SSL_Cipher:
>               Master_SSL_Key:
>        Seconds_Behind_Master: 0
> Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert: No
>                Last_IO_Errno: 0
>                Last_IO_Error:
>               Last_SQL_Errno: 0
>               Last_SQL_Error:
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>

> and if I stop the slave and start it again, the slave catches up...

replication is not automaticTim Dunphy13 Apr
  • Re: replication is not automatica.smith13 Apr
    • Re: replication is not automaticTim Dunphy15 Apr
      • Re: replication is not automatica.smith15 Apr
        • Re: replication is not automaticTim Dunphy15 Apr
          • Re: replication is not automatica.smith19 Apr
          • Re: replication is not automaticars k25 Apr
            • Re: replication is not automaticTim Dunphy4 May
        • Re: replication is not automaticSuresh Kuna16 Apr
          • Re: replication is not automaticTim Dunphy16 Apr