List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:a.smith Date:April 19 2011 10:28am
Subject:Re: replication is not automatic
View as plain text
Quoting Tim Dunphy <bluethundr@stripped>:

> Hi again andy!
>
>> 'repl@stripped:0' - retry-time: 3306  retries:
>> 86400, Error_code: 2013
>> This is on the slave right? ^^
>
>  Thanks once again for your reply. Sorry for the confusion but that
> entry you are pointing to is from the master host. Obviously I don't
> need slave replication on the master so I've stopped the slave
> service there so we shouldn't run into those errors any more on the
> master machine.

So whats going on here then? Why is the master trying to connect to
something using the username repl? What is virtcent09?

I'm really not sure what the issue is. I am an admin not a developer,
but I've never had any big issues using replication. Are you using a
current version of MySQL? Are you using the same versions on both
servers? Also FYI when I first started using replication I used this
how to as a reference:

http://www.howtoforge.com/mysql_database_replication

Perhaps you can check your steps against this...

cheers Andy.

Thread
replication is not automaticTim Dunphy13 Apr
  • Re: replication is not automatica.smith13 Apr
    • Re: replication is not automaticTim Dunphy15 Apr
      • Re: replication is not automatica.smith15 Apr
        • Re: replication is not automaticTim Dunphy15 Apr
          • Re: replication is not automatica.smith19 Apr
          • Re: replication is not automaticars k25 Apr
            • Re: replication is not automaticTim Dunphy4 May
        • Re: replication is not automaticSuresh Kuna16 Apr
          • Re: replication is not automaticTim Dunphy16 Apr