List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Dunphy Date:April 16 2011 2:39am
Subject:Re: replication is not automatic
View as plain text
Hi Suresh,

> Can you paste the master the slave configuration file's here.
>Did you check that those two have different server-id's or same ?

sure thing!

Here's the master server-id : server-id=1
And here's the slave server-id: server-id=2

They are without different.

Here's the entire conf file for the master:

[mysqld]
server-id=1
log-bin=mysqlmaster
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql
# Disabling symbolic-links is recommended to prevent assorted security risks
symbolic-links=0

# To enable the InnoDB Plugin, uncomment the 2 next lines
#ignore-builtin-innodb
#plugin-load=innodb=ha_innodb_plugin.so

# To enable InnoDB-related INFORMATION_SCHEMA tables
# Join the following options to above directive
  ;innodb_trx=ha_innodb_plugin.so
  ;innodb_locks=ha_innodb_plugin.so
  ;innodb_cmp=ha_innodb_plugin.so
  ;innodb_cmp_reset=ha_innodb_plugin.so
  ;innodb_cmpmem=ha_innodb_plugin.so
  ;innodb_cmpmem_reset=ha_innodb_plugin.so

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

And here's the entire conf file for the slave

[root@virtcent10:~] #cat /etc/my.cnf
[mysqld]
server-id=2
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql
# Disabling symbolic-links is recommended to prevent assorted security risks
symbolic-links=0

# To enable the InnoDB Plugin, uncomment the 2 next lines
#ignore-builtin-innodb
#plugin-load=innodb=ha_innodb_plugin.so

# To enable InnoDB-related INFORMATION_SCHEMA tables
# Join the following options to above directive
  ;innodb_trx=ha_innodb_plugin.so
  ;innodb_locks=ha_innodb_plugin.so
  ;innodb_cmp=ha_innodb_plugin.so
  ;innodb_cmp_reset=ha_innodb_plugin.so
  ;innodb_cmpmem=ha_innodb_plugin.so
  ;innodb_cmpmem_reset=ha_innodb_plugin.so

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

I hope this helps!! Still a bit stumped here.. :(

thanks for your input!

tim