List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 15 2011 5:24pm
Subject:Re: Certain replication
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Database System" <database100@stripped>
>
> Does GRANT command should be replicated?
> In my master my.ini file, I have binlog-do-db=mysql, But I granted a
> user privilege, it was added on the master server, it was not
> replicated. It is not in the binlog file. I think any change to the
> mysql database should be replicated by my setting. What's wrong?

Mmm... GRANT/REVOKE aren't, technically, statements against a database, they're statements
against the authentication system. I suspect the binlog-do-db is why they don't replicate.

Row-based replication may replicate them, as that replicates actual database changes
instead of statements; but that option comes with it's own caveats.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn