List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 15 2011 5:24pm
Subject:Re: Certain replication
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Database System" <database100@stripped>
> Does GRANT command should be replicated?
> In my master my.ini file, I have binlog-do-db=mysql, But I granted a
> user privilege, it was added on the master server, it was not
> replicated. It is not in the binlog file. I think any change to the
> mysql database should be replicated by my setting. What's wrong?

Mmm... GRANT/REVOKE aren't, technically, statements against a database, they're statements
against the authentication system. I suspect the binlog-do-db is why they don't replicate.

Row-based replication may replicate them, as that replicates actual database changes
instead of statements; but that option comes with it's own caveats.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
Certain replicationDatabase System15 Mar
  • Re: Certain replicationJohan De Meersman15 Mar
    • Re: Certain replicationDatabase System15 Mar
    • Re: Certain replicationpetya15 Mar
      • Re: Certain replicationDatabase System15 Mar