List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 21 2011 11:55am
Subject:Re: replication after network link failure
View as plain text
Very peculiar indeed. Does the master's 'show master status'output line up
with the slave's 'show slave status' output ?

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Govender, Sashan <
Sashan.Govender@stripped> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have an issue with replication where data in the table is not replicated
> within 5 minutes after network link fails. The setup we have is a
> master/master. We have an application writing to node 1 and the data is
> replicated to node 2. Then we pull out the cable connecting the 2 nodes
> while the application is writing to the database. After a while we stick the
> cable back in and check node 2 expecting that the data is replicated there
> but it isn't. There are no errors in the log file to indicate anything
> wrong.
>
> The output from show slave status\G looks sane after plugging the cable
> back into the switch. I've pasted the output from both nodes below. There
> are no errors in the mysql log files but the data that I expect to be
> replicated after plugging the cable back into the switch is not replicated.
> Is there some config option I'm missing?
>
> mysql> show slave status\G
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>               Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
>                  Master_Host: metropolisdb1
>                  Master_User: replicate
>                  Master_Port: 3306
>                Connect_Retry: 60
>              Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000001
>          Read_Master_Log_Pos: 107
>               Relay_Log_File: gothamdb1-relay-bin.000002
>                Relay_Log_Pos: 253
>        Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000001
>             Slave_IO_Running: Yes
>            Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
>              Replicate_Do_DB: test
>          Replicate_Ignore_DB:
>           Replicate_Do_Table:
>       Replicate_Ignore_Table:
>      Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
>  Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
>                   Last_Errno: 0
>                   Last_Error:
>                 Skip_Counter: 0
>          Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 107
>              Relay_Log_Space: 413
>              Until_Condition: None
>               Until_Log_File:
>                Until_Log_Pos: 0
>           Master_SSL_Allowed: No
>           Master_SSL_CA_File:
>           Master_SSL_CA_Path:
>              Master_SSL_Cert:
>            Master_SSL_Cipher:
>               Master_SSL_Key:
>        Seconds_Behind_Master: 0
> Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert: No
>                Last_IO_Errno: 0
>                Last_IO_Error:
>               Last_SQL_Errno: 0
>               Last_SQL_Error:
>  Replicate_Ignore_Server_Ids:
>             Master_Server_Id: 2
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>

> mysql> show slave status\G
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>               Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
>                  Master_Host: gothamdb1
>                  Master_User: replicate
>                  Master_Port: 3306
>                Connect_Retry: 60
>              Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000001
>          Read_Master_Log_Pos: 53875
> [...]

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
replication after network link failureSashan Govender21 Feb
  • Re: replication after network link failureJohan De Meersman21 Feb
    • RE: replication after network link failureSashan Govender22 Feb
      • Re: replication after network link failureJeremy Zawodny22 Feb
        • RE: replication after network link failureSashan Govender22 Feb